Really nice accommodation, almost like a hotel. It's great for socialising and you'll get to meet lots of awesome people. The on-site location is great especially if you need access to the campuses recourses e.g. recording studios, specialist IT labs etc.
However it has its downsides:
- Fire alarms are far too frequent, sometimes going off in the early hours of the morning.
- The WiFi is unreliable and signal strength varies alot.
- Cupboard space in the kitchen is limited however just about manageable if your store some of your food items in your room.
- It is currently £2.40 per wash, they also charge for drying.
- The radiators are turned of at night.
- The doors to the rooms are not sound isolated at all. Everything that happens in the corridor can be heard and vice versa.
- The beds are very hard so you'll need to invest in a mattress topper. The size of the beds are also a little odd, so keep your receipts in case your need to return them.
i found to frequent fire alarms annoying and unessesery, espeshily when they are going off at 1am, i also don't think it is work anywhere near £6,200 a year, given the choice i would not stay there again, as I'm paying that enormous fee, and I'm sits expected to pay an additional £5 to wash and dry my clothes. I also found that 12 people is a lot to share with, and if there are (there 100% will be) people whom don't get on it causes uncomfortable dynamics in the flat, speaking to people who shared with 4-6 people they all seamed to have a much more enjoyable experience.