StudentCrowd Acceptable Use Policy
Issued 6th October 2014
StudentCrowd provides certain web enabled platform services from its website (“Site”) and this Acceptable use Policy (“AUP”) applies to all of StudentCrowd’s customers, visitors and users who use the Site.
This AUP may be changed by StudentCrowd from time to time and the latest version of this AUP shall be published on the Site from time to time. By any visitor, customer or other user accessing the Site, they are deemed to have accepted the terms of this AUP and any other terms referenced on the Site, and shall abide by such terms at all times whilst accessing the Site.
StudentCrowd is a responsible company that takes it legal obligations seriously and does not condone the any behaviour by others that breaches the legal rights of others. As such, StudentCrowd expects all of its customers, visitors and users of this Site to do so responsibly and also in full compliance with its legal obligations.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is illegal, harassing, defamatory, obscene, menacing, discriminatory or otherwise which would bring the Site into disrepute or otherwise causes reputational damage and harm to StudentCrowd.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, reverse engineer, copy or re-sell any of the Site.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site;
- any equipment or nework or software owned or used by any third party;
- to be responsible for and indemnify StudentCrowd for, all materials, comments, links and other data, information or otherwise any images or other information or views or expressions that you upload to the Site, for which we have no liability for.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- User forums and promotional links
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person or party
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this AUP through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access or use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on a full indemnity basis (including, but not limited to our administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities and other parties as we feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this AUP. The responses described in this AUP are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
“StudentCrowd” is a trading name of StudentCrowd Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 08869362, with registered office is at 18 The Office Village, North Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 1QJ.